Sunday, August 24, 2014

repost from Women Health Magazine ~ 10 Things Single Women Are SO Sick of Hearing



We know you have good intentions, but...please...stop. 



1. "But you're so awesome! How could you be single?"
Well, yes, I know I'm amazing. But since when did being awesome and being single become mutually exclusive? I know this is meant to be a compliment, but it's actually super rude.

2. "You should really put yourself out there more."
Really? I was sure that binge-watching Pretty Little Liars at home was a pretty good tactic. Come on, I'm single, not stupid. Plus, just because you're not currently in a relationship doesn't mean you're dying to date right now.

3. "By the time I was your age, I was married."
Right, but they also didn’t have iPhones, cronuts, or Tinder back then, huh? I'd say it's not exactly a fair comparison.

4. "It will happen when you least expect it."
The problem with this is that, the more I hear it, the more I start to actually expect it in those instances when I would least expect it! So now I'm in line for the bathroom looking around and thinking, It is on! This pretty much defeats the purpose.

5. "You should try online dating."
Um, obviously. But again, not everyone is up for the constant stream of messages, first dates, and guys who look nothing like their profile photos (or these 23 things that definitely happen on OkCupid dates). So trust us, if we want to try online dating, we know where to find it. 

6. "What's a Tinder?"
We get it, you've been in a relationship for a while, but come on, read a blog every once in a while. Please don't make me explain it to you.

7. "I can't imagine not being with someone right now."
Let me paint a picture for you: It's Saturday night and you're home watching Orange is the New Black, drinking wine, and trying to teach your dog how to spoon. It's a blast (no, seriously, it really is). Don't act like you're not jealous. 

8. "You need to go on more dates."
Hey, we don't judge how often you go out with your hubby, so let's lay off the numbers game. Plus, one good date with a guy you actually have a connection with is way better than a million bad ones that you know are going nowhere.
9. "Maybe you're just too picky."
Nope, not the case. After all, why date someone who isn't good enough for you, who doesn't treat you well, or who you don't see a future with?
10. "There are so many great men out there, how are you not meeting someone?"
Maybe we're aren't interested in dating right now, or maybe we are and you've failed to introduce us to this mysterious batch of awesome dudes you know about. Hey, remember us, your token single friend? Hook a woman up!

source: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-relationships/things-single-women-are-tired-of-hearing?cid=socSL_20140824_30318126




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life. Work. Travel. Repeat Copyright © 2013 Design by neoxandria Graphic from neoxandria